Personal Identification Information
CartRover may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, subscribe to the newsletter, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number and credit card information. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web Browser Cookies
How We Use Collected Information
CartRover may collect and use Users personal information for the following purposes:
To improve customer service
Information you provide helps us respond to your customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
To personalize user experience
We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.
To improve our Site
CartRover may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
To process payments
We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
To run a promotion, contest, survey or other Site feature
To send Users information they agreed to receive about related topics we think will be of interest to them.
To send periodic emails
We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order(s). It may also be used for other transactional purposes such as responding to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. We also send newsletter emails containing company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future newsletter emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site. Users may not opt-out or unsubscribe from transactional emails as they are critical to the service being offered.
How We Protect Your Information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. Our Site is also in compliance with PCI vulnerability standards in order to create as secure of an environment as possible for Users.
Sharing Your Personal Information
CartRover does not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others*. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
* CartRover customers who are part of the Preferred Partner program will have their company contact information published and shared with other partners so that CartRover can forward sales leads to them.
The GDPR provides the following rights to European users:
- The right to be informed who is using your data and who else it may be passed to
- The right of access is your right to see what data is held about you
- The right to rectification is the right to have your data corrected or amended if what is held is incorrect in some way.
- The right to erasure; under certain circumstances you can ask for your personal data to be deleted. This is also called ‘the Right to be Forgotten’. This would apply if the personal data is no longer required for the purposes it was collected for, or your consent for the processing of that data has been withdrawn, or the personal data has been unlawfully processed.
- The right to restrict processing; this gives the right to ask for a temporary halt to processing of personal data, such as in the case where a dispute or legal case has to be concluded, or the data is being corrected.
- The right to data portability is your right to ask for any data supplied directly to the Data Controller by you, to be provided in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format.
- The right to object is your right to object to further processing of their data which is inconsistent with the primary purpose for which it was collected, including profiling, automation, and direct marketing.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling is your right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing if requested.
Your Acceptance of These Terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
510 N. Milpas St.
Santa Barbara, CA 93103
This document was last updated on June 13th, 2019